I just spent a week in Tanzania with Meg. It was so good to go and just be a Mom as I followed her around. We didn't do anything special like take a trip to Zanzibar or take a few days off to go to a beach resort but instead I got to go to school with her and meet her students and go to her classes, go to her church (it took 7 daladalas/matatu/mini buses and 1 taxi), go on a field trip to Bagamoya (and see a 500 year old baobab tree along with other stuff), meet the soccer team she coaches on Saturdays, spend time with her housemates and two special young women Meg is sponsoring in school. It was wonderfull feeling the warmth of the sun and seeing the Indian Ocean again. Eating mangos and African oranges was great as well as going for Ethiopian and drinking a Stoney (ginger beer). I loved seeing familiar East African street scenes. But most of all I was just happy to be with Meg, see what her life is like, meet her friends, and just be together. If you would like to see more pictures you can go to the following link: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=43622&l=8096c&id=624702564
Friday, June 13, 2008
A Week with Meg in Tanzania
I just spent a week in Tanzania with Meg. It was so good to go and just be a Mom as I followed her around. We didn't do anything special like take a trip to Zanzibar or take a few days off to go to a beach resort but instead I got to go to school with her and meet her students and go to her classes, go to her church (it took 7 daladalas/matatu/mini buses and 1 taxi), go on a field trip to Bagamoya (and see a 500 year old baobab tree along with other stuff), meet the soccer team she coaches on Saturdays, spend time with her housemates and two special young women Meg is sponsoring in school. It was wonderfull feeling the warmth of the sun and seeing the Indian Ocean again. Eating mangos and African oranges was great as well as going for Ethiopian and drinking a Stoney (ginger beer). I loved seeing familiar East African street scenes. But most of all I was just happy to be with Meg, see what her life is like, meet her friends, and just be together. If you would like to see more pictures you can go to the following link: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=43622&l=8096c&id=624702564
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Sounds so great - wish I could have been there too (although that would have been a different feel to it - 3 small children added to the mix!!) :)
Man, seeing those pictures makes me miss Africa, and miss you and Meg!
Post a Comment